Can i buy onetap with visa electron ?

ENHANCE YOUR GAMEPLAY
Register to become part of Onetap today!
Register Login

Shifto

Subscriber
Early adopter
You're gonna buy a sub with a fucking rocket?
Electron rockets are only used for light payloads of about 3-500 lbs into LEO and the rocket reuse method is quite strange. It is a very useless rocket for anything other than micro sats. Regarding it, the Falcon 9 is actually cheaper long term and their first stage(unreliable af) and second stage (fucking battery powered...?) is quite new and unproven.

FlexinOnEm

Banned
Electron rockets are only used for light payloads of about 3-500 lbs into LEO and the rocket reuse method is quite strange. It is a very useless rocket for anything other than micro sats. Regarding it, the Falcon 9 is actually cheaper long term and their first stage(unreliable af) and second stage (fucking battery powered...?) is quite new and unproven.
can u help with my homework

trickykaden

Thanks for letting me know! I've been meaning to do some more research about their rockets. But overall more companies getting into reusable rockets will be good, while I understand the electrons current recovery method isn't exactly the greatest, and might not help improve our technology, but we'll see what they can manage in the future.

Shifto

Subscriber
Early adopter
Thanks for letting me know! I've been meaning to do some more research about their rockets. But overall more companies getting into reusable rockets will be good, while I understand the electrons current recovery method isn't exactly the greatest, and might not help improve our technology, but we'll see what they can manage in the future.
Yes, it is trying to be reusable but like, its an unproven technology that only seems to be failing them. batteries are heavy and do not carry as much energy as say RP1 (highly refined kerosene) or HLOX or LOX( hydrogen, liquid oxygen), (Liquid oxygen) and the way they manage to catch their rockets using an arresting wire via helicopter is quite new, its a cool method but can be quite dangerous and having it be non autonomous would disallow for practicality in times of need. The Proton rocket was considering the use of aerospikes but never pursued. the idea (aerospike idea was to be optimized for sea level and vacuum optimized but never got to the lengths of which it has been hypothesized to be able to control since throat vector caused issues with overheating and cooling was very difficult). The owner is a new person and he has a good team behind him but the engineers are just quite far from simplicity. The falcon 9 as a comparison has much higher efficiency and is able to be reused (not refurbished!!) One thing that the Electron cannot do is stay in LEO with long times, the first stage delivers it into a comfortable semi-orbit before needed to do a 1;30 second burn on stage 2 to reach an appropriate orbit.

trickykaden

Yes, it is trying to be reusable but like, its an unproven technology that only seems to be failing them. batteries are heavy and do not carry as much energy as say RP1 (highly refined kerosene) or HLOX or LOX( hydrogen, liquid oxygen), (Liquid oxygen) and the way they manage to catch their rockets using an arresting wire via helicopter is quite new, its a cool method but can be quite dangerous and having it be non autonomous would disallow for practicality in times of need. The Proton rocket was considering the use of aerospikes but never pursued. the idea (aerospike idea was to be optimized for sea level and vacuum optimized but never got to the lengths of which it has been hypothesized to be able to control since throat vector caused issues with overheating and cooling was very difficult). The owner is a new person and he has a good team behind him but the engineers are just quite far from simplicity. The falcon 9 as a comparison has much higher efficiency and is able to be reused (not refurbished!!) One thing that the Electron cannot do is stay in LEO with long times, the first stage delivers it into a comfortable semi-orbit before needed to do a 1;30 second burn on stage 2 to reach an appropriate orbit.
You bring up some very good points. We'll just have to see what they manage in the future. Give me a few mins and I'm gonna send you some pictures I took of a recent SpaceX launch.
Edit: I'll have to send them some other time, they're on my mom's laptop so I'll have to wait for her to wake up so I can upload them.

Shifto

Subscriber
Early adopter
You bring up some very good points. We'll just have to see what they manage in the future. Give me a few mins and I'm gonna send you some pictures I took of a recent SpaceX launch.
Edit: I'll have to send them some other time, they're on my mom's laptop so I'll have to wait for her to wake up so I can upload them.
You got to see one live? lucky
they scrubbed the launch the day i was last going to be in Florida, had to take the plane home ;/
I was at the NASA space camp tho, pretty cool

trickykaden

You got to see one live? lucky
they scrubbed the launch the day i was last going to be in Florida, had to take the plane home ;/
I was at the NASA space camp tho, pretty cool
Yea, I live about an hour away from the launchpads they use. We can actually see them from our house. But I'll send you them whenever I get the chance, actually, I might have some pictures of a different launch already uploaded, let me go see if I can find them.
Edit; Found some pictures of the demo 2 launch, downloading it to see what's in it. Then I'll send it to you. (It's a gig download. big boi pics)